VISIT THE MUSEUM
NMAAM is officially open! Buy your tickets now to see this one-of-a-kind museum experience. Tickets are available now! Whether you’re a Music City resident or traveling to Nashville from other parts of the globe, we look forward to welcoming you when you visit. To view a list of FAQs that will help you get the most out of your visit click here.
The museum opened to the public on January 30th, 2021. The museum is open Thursdays through Sundays during March.
- NMAAM will use timed tickets for tours (self-guided).
- Tours begin daily at 11:00 a.m. and occur every half hour with the last tour scheduled to start at 4:30 p.m.
- Estimated tour time is 90 minutes but guests may take as much time as they like to enjoy the galleries
- When you receive your ticket confirmation, you will be prompted to print your ticket(s) or bring your e-ticket(s) on your phone the day of your visit which we strongly encourage you to do. If you do not bring your printed ticket(s) or e-ticket(s) you will have to come to the NMAAM ticket desk the day of your visit to pick-up your tickets which will delay your ability to begin your tour as scheduled.
- Adult (18 and above) — $24.95
- Youth (Ages 7-17; 6 and under are free) — $13.50
- Senior (Age 65 and above) — $18.75
- Student/Teacher/Military (valid ID required) — $18.75
If you have questions about purchasing individual tickets, please call (615) 488-3310
We are located at the intersection of Rep John Lewis Way (formerly 5th Avenue) and Broadway in Downtown Nashville, TN. Entrance to the museum is across the street from the Ryman Auditorium.
Hourly parking and valet service are available on site. A public parking deck is located at the intersection of 6th and Broadway.
Directions to the Museum from the Parking Deck:
- Proceed down the parking deck and take the first right to pull a ticket at the ticket gate.
- Park on level B1 or B2 near the GREEN elevators on the left-hand wall.
- Take the elevator up to SL (street level)
- Exit the elevator onto Rep John Lewis Way (formerly 5th Avenue).
- The museum entrance will be located on your right down the hill
- The museum store will feature a variety of unique and custom gifts and collectables.
DURING YOUR VISIT
- Length of Stay – NMAAM recommends planning to spend 90 minutes in the museum but guests are welcome to stay for longer or shorter periods of time.
- Tour Frequency – Timed tours will begin every 30 minutes until 4:30pm
- Arrival time – Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
- The National Museum of African American Music is an ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant facility. We are happy to provide auxiliary aids and services where necessary to ensure guests with disabilities are not treated differently than any other guest.
- All service animals recognized by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are welcome. Emotional support animals are not permitted.
GENERAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- No weapons allowed; this includes pepper spray, knives and stun guns.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Smoking is not permitted in the museum; including electronic smoking and vaping devices.
- Luggage, carry-on bags, or oversized backpacks are not permitted in the museum. There will be storage available for guests who bring these items.
- Still photography is allowed as long as it is for private, non-commercial use. Flash photography, selfie sticks and tripods are not permitted.
- No video recording is allowed in the museum galleries.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the galleries.
- No outside alcohol can be brought into the museum.
- Media representatives are not allowed to record or photograph anything in the museum for public use without signed consent from the marketing department.