VISIT THE MUSEUM
NMAAM officially opens its doors Labor Day Weekend 2020, and we can’t wait to share this one-of-a-kind museum experience with you. Pre-sale tickets are available now! Whether you’re a Music City resident or traveling to Nashville from other parts of the globe, we look forward to welcoming you when you visit. To view a list of FAQs that will help you get the most out of your visit click here.
The museum will be open from 9am-5pm CST with the last tour beginning at 4:00pm. Tickets are timed with a tour beginning every half hour.
- Adult (18 and above) — $24.95
- Youth (Ages 7-17; 6 and under are free) — $13.50
- Senior (Age 65 and above) — $18.75
- Student/Teacher/Military (valid ID required) — $18.75
- Multi-Day (3 Day Max – all ticket categories) — $37.50
If you have questions about purchasing individual tickets, please call (615) 488-3310
We are located at the intersection of 5th Avenue and Broadway in Downtown Nashville, TN
Hourly parking and valet service are available on site. Rates have not yet been determined. Below is an interactive parking map sponsored by the Downtown Partnership with suggested parking options.
CAFÉ AND SHOP
- The museum does not have a café, but has a kiosk where grab and go food and beverage items are available for purchase.
- The museum store will feature a variety of unique and custom gifts and collectables.
DURING YOUR VISIT
- Length of Stay – NMAAM recommends planning to spend 90 minutes in the museum but guests are welcome to stay for longer or shorter periods of time.
- Tour Frequency – Timed tours will begin every 30 minutes until 4:00pm
- Arrival time – Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
- The National Museum of African American Music is an ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant facility. We are happy to provide auxiliary aids and services where necessary to ensure guests with disabilities are not treated differently than any other guest.
- All service animals recognized by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are welcome. Emotional support animals are not permitted.
GENERAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- No weapons allowed; this includes pepper spray, knives and stun guns.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Smoking is not permitted in the museum; including electronic smoking and vaping devices.
- Luggage, carry-on bags, or oversized backpacks are not permitted in the museum. There will be storage available for guests who bring these items.
- Still photography is allowed as long as it is for private, non-commercial use. Flash photography, selfie sticks and tripods are not permitted.
- No video recording is allowed in the museum galleries.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the galleries.
- No outside alcohol can be brought into the museum.
- Media representatives are not allowed to record or photograph anything in the museum for public use without signed consent from the marketing department.