NMAAM’s curators and leaders are available to speak about the museum, their experiences, areas of expertise and aspects of their involvement. We consider speaking requests from nonprofit organizations, civic groups, business associations, trade groups and academic institutions, and/or for events that are open to the public. Media interested in securing an interview may request one here.
If you represent an organization that identifies as one of the aforementioned categories, you may complete the speaker request form here [insert link to newly created form]. There is no fee to book one of our speakers. We accept requests for events no sooner than four months in the future and no later than four weeks away. When in-person speaking engagements are once again viable, please note that those requiring travel outside of Nashville will necessitate a longer notice period. For these opportunities, travel accommodation options will also need to be discussed before they are confirmed.
“Please note the following black-out periods, on and during which our speakers are unavailable for bookings:
• Memorial Day (May 31, 2021)
• Black Music Month Festivities (June 17-19, 2021)
• Fourth of July (July 4, 2021)
• Labor Day (September 6, 2021)
• Thanksgiving Day (November 25, 2021)
• Friday after Thanksgiving (November 26, 2021)
• Christmas Day (December 25, 2021)
• New Year’s Eve (December 31, 2021)
• Henry Beecher Hicks III, President and CEO: June 1, June 11, July 5-19
• Tamar Smithers, Director of Education and Public Programs: June 16
Each speaking opportunity that a NMAAM representative is invited to participate in on behalf of the museum, whether it is virtual or in-person, must be approved by NMAAM’s marketing and communications team before the invitation is accepted. All speaker requests must be submitted using the form below. Please allow at least 72 business hours for review.
Requests made through other avenues will not be considered. Questions or updates regarding your submission through the designated form can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your submission.”