As a loyal friend and supporter of the National Museum of African American Music (NMAAM), you are familiar with our mission to educate the world, preserve the legacy, and celebrate the central role African Americans play in creating the American soundtrack. Your generous support continues to help us tell our story and engage youth through the From Nothing to Something and Music Legends & Heroes programs. You have also enabled us to share our story with adults through the monthly Sips & Stanzas event. For this, we give you a warm and heartfelt thank you.
But we must keep the momentum going as we look to the future.
Recently, our lives have shifted as we social distance for the safety of friends like you. But our community is still active and working together during this unprecedented time. We will triumph and come out of this ordeal even stronger and make our future that much brighter. Through it all, music is the number one source that unites us with friends and family while we are apart. CeCe Winans, NMAAM’s National Chair, demonstrates the unity with her viral “Count on Me” challenge. So, I am counting on you for your continued support in making this dream a reality for the world to see.
Will you make a gift to help us continue to develop innovative, educational and cultural programming, expand our collection of artifacts to present cutting-edge exhibitions? It is possible with support like yours.
NMAAM’s fiscal year ends on June 30th. This summer, join us with a special three-month commitment that contributes to NMAAM becoming the premier global destination for appreciation of American music. You can send a gift today and pledge to do the same in July and August or make a single gift that stretches across the entire summer. Better yet, you can sign up for monthly giving and make a difference all year long!
If you have not done so, I also hope that you will consider becoming a member. I encourage you to join today for as low as $25. A membership with NMAAM offers special privileges throughout the entire year, including unlimited free admission, access to private exhibitions, discounts at our gift shop, and much more. Also, you will receive a commemorative card that marks the opening of the museum – and your place in history.
Be on the look – out for details of our planned September opening.
The construction for Nashville’s hottest spot is almost complete! It is because of you that we are so close to opening our doors to the world, and I do not want you to miss out on this momentous occasion. For as little as $18.75, you can purchase a timed ticket for admission to the museum. Our timed entry ticketing system helps to manage capacity for social distancing without compromising your experience.
The National Museum of African American Music will include:
- A collection of artifacts from musical artists, including DJ Kool Herc, Ella Fitzgerald, Sam Cooke, James Brown, George Clinton, Alicia Keys, Usher and many more.
- An immersive theater experience that launches visitors on a journey from African musical roots to the emergence of distinct American musical genres that reflect the lived experiences of a people and culture.
- The Rivers of Rhythm, a digital interactive exhibition that explores American music and outlines the history, connections, and global impact of African American music.
- American music, from religious roots to the powerful messages within hip hop.
- Participatory and technologically driven interactives within the galleries that provide an engaging experience for children and adults alike.
- A changing gallery space for rotating exhibits, including the inaugural exhibition showcasing the Fisk Jubilee Singers.
The museum must continue to innovate, improve and expand our focus to engage in offering this experience of African American music. I hope you will continue to help NMAAM share the story of the many contributions African Americans have made toward the American soundtrack.
Thank you for being the power behind this work, and for your continued support for this one of a kind, groundbreaking institution.Donate Now